Do you wish you knew more Bibles verses? Are you always amazed at the people who seem to easily quote the Bible? Do you struggle with the time to memorise Bible verses? Well help is on it’s way. I found 10 short yet powerful verses that you can easily memorise to get you started to becoming brilliant when it comes to Scripture memory!
More things to remember? Can your brain handle it?
Yes it can. With so many things to remember-appointments, passwords, birthdays, anniversaries, phone numbers-the list goes on and on- one can wonder if our brains can handle one more thing to remember. The truth is God is so good to us, He created the human brain with an unlimited storage capacity.
So we can learn more and choose to memorize more of His word. Scripture memory together with Bible study and prayer are some of our best weapons to stand firm against all challenges and temptations that come our way.
I’m a firm believer in progress over perfection.
So l would rather know a few Bible verses really well than know a lot of verses that l don’t apply. It’s also key when memorizing verses to keep repeating them to yourself over and over again until you know them off by heart.
10 super short yet super powerful Bible verses to memorise:
- Psalm 23: 1 ‘The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want ‘
- John 3: 30 ‘ He must increase, but I must decrease.’
- 1 Thessalonians 5: 16 ‘Rejoice always’
- 1 John 4: 19 ‘We love Him because He first loved us’
- Psalm 56:3 ‘Whenever l’m afraid, l will trust in You’
- Ephesians 4:5 ‘One Lord, one faith, one baptism’
- 1 Thessalonians 5:17 ‘Pray without ceasing’
- 1 Thessalonians 5:22 ‘Abstain from every form of evil’
- John 10: 30 ‘I and my Father are One’
- 1 Timothy 6:6 ‘Now godliness with contentment is great gain’
My encouragement to you:
If you are a beginner with memorising Bible verses, or just struggle to remember them this list will be great for you to kick start the habit. I urge you to memorise 1 verses a week so at the end of 10 weeks you know 10 verses really well. If you can manage 2 versus a week that’s also great, the key is to start. All the best, I’m praying for you.
Heavenly Father, thank you for your word which is true and powerful. As I embark on a journey to memorise your word, may the Holy Spirit help and guide me to remember these verses and better yet to apply them in my daily life. May scripture memory be a habit that l build to strengthen my faith in You.