Daughters are such a blessing and bring joy to our lives. I’ve been blessed with two of them and they’re just precious. My daughters’ birthday inspired me to share these short birthday prayers for my daughter. These can be used for cards or messages sent to your daughter on her special day.
12 Bible verses to pray over your daughter
There’s a lot we can pray for our daughters on their birthday. But we should let God’s Word guide us. The prayers for my daughter on her birthday are inspired by the Bible verses below. In and of themselves, these are great scriptures to pray over your daughter.
“The LORD bless you and keep you; The LORD make His face shine upon you, And be gracious to you; The LORD lift up His countenance upon you, And give you peace.”Numbers 6:24-26 (NKJV)
I love this Bible verse and have gotten into the habit of praying it over my daughters every night. The Blessing song brought this verse to life for me in a big way. It’s a great scripture which is itself a birthday prayer for my daughter.
“Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the LORD your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you.”Deuteronomy 31:6
“Keep your heart with all diligence, For out of it spring the issues of life.”Proverbs 4:23
“I would have lost heart, unless I had believedPsalm 27:13
That I would see the goodness of the Lord
In the land of the living.”
“Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.”Romans 15:13
“For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.”Jeremiah 29:11
“And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.”Philippians 4:19
“Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall [a]direct your paths.”Proverbs 3:5-6
“The name of the LORD is a strong tower; The righteous run to it and are safe.”Proverbs 18:10
“He only is my rock and my salvation; He is my defense; I shall not be greatly moved.Psalm 62:2
“I can do all things through [a]Christ who strengthens me.”Philippians 4:13
“Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD, The fruit of the womb is a reward.”Psalm 127:3
8 Short Birthday blessings for my daughter
Inspired by scripture, these are 8 short birthday prayers for my daughter. They are beautiful blessings from mom to daughter on her special day.
1. May the Lord bless you and keep you in everything you do. May you be a blessing to your parents, teachers, family, and friends. Happy Birthday, my lovely girl.
2. My beautiful daughter, on your birthday, I want to remind you that you must trust God with all Your heart. He is always for you. When you acknowledge Him, He will direct your path always. I love you so much. Happy birthday.
3. I pray that you would live to see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. May you learn to walk in the truth of God’s Word. I pray that God will bless you as you learn to trust Him more and more with all your heart. Happy birthday, my girl.
4. As you turn____ years today, may God bless you as you grow to be a woman after God’s own heart. May God lead you and sustain you. I pray that you learn to love God with all your heart, mind, and soul. Happy birthday, Princess.
5. On your special day, I pray that God would supply all your needs according to His glorious riches. May you always remember that God will never withhold good things from those He loves. And He sure loves you. Happy birthday, princess.
6. May our Lord fill you with all joy and peace on your birthday. Always remember that God plans to give you a future full of hope, peace and love. Happy birthday, my girl.
7. On this very important and special day, I pray for an abundance of birthday blessings for my daughter. May God continue to go with you wherever you go so that you experience success in everything you do. Happy birthday, sweetheart.
8. You’re one of the best gifts I’ve ever received from God. You are so special to me. I love you always. Happy birthday, my sweet daughter.
Protection prayer for my daughter on her birthday
On your daughters’ birthday, pray that God would protect and keep her from harm. Our girls need God’s protection to guard them. A protection prayer for my daughter on her birthday is a reminder that God is the only one who can truly keep her safe for me.
Lord, I thank you for my amazing daughter. On her birthday, I pray that you may protect her physically, mentally, and spiritually. You are her Rock O Lord; may she stand on Your Word as her foundation.
May she not be moved or shaken in her faith. Hide her in the shadow of your wings. May she always run to You for safety. Continue to be her refuge. I pray that the goodness of the Lord would continue to follow her all the days of her life.
A prayer for my daughter to give her strength
An important birthday prayer for my daughter is for God to continue to give her strength for everything she sets out to do. Our girls need strength for schoolwork, to pursue their purpose and to face the challenges of growing up with peer pressure to follow the world, not the Word of God.
Heavenly Father, on my daughter’s birthday, I pray that you may give her strength to do all the work you’ve set for her to do on this earth. Remind her that she can do all things through Jesus Christ who gives her all the strength.
On her birthday, we pray for her success in everything that she sets out to do. Give her the strength and wisdom to pursue her purpose in life. May she always follow and prioritize Your Word above all else. In Jesus’ name, I pray. Amen.
On her special day, I hope that these birthday prayers for your daughter will encourage and bless her heart.
Download the FREE Scripture Cards for girls below and help the girl in your life grow in her faith in God.