7 Powerful and Encouraging Christian Quotes
We can all agree on one thing- we are living in tough times. I mean the whole world. At.the.same.time. The pandemic has turned our worlds upside down. Now more than ever we need encouragement as God’s children. Our faith has been shaken and challenged. I pray that these powerful and encouraging Christian quotes will uplift and give you hope during this season.
Why is Christian encouragement important?
It’s important that we encourage each other as Christians because the Bible tells us to.
“Therefore encourage and comfort one another and build up one another, just as you are doing.“1 Thessalonians 5:11 (AMP)
Paul told the Thessalonica church about the importance of encouragement especially during the last says before Jesus Christ comes back.
As we’re going through challenging times, encouragement comforts us, supports us and gives us confidence and hope.
Encouragement is important because words are powerful. Words can uplift our moods, change our lives, build our confidence and mend our broken hearts. And encouraging quotes have the words and power to do just that.
7 Powerful and Encouraging Christian Quotes
1. “The will of God will never take you to where the grace of God will not protect you. To gain that which is worth having, it may be necessary to lose everything else.”Bernadette Devlin
I love this powerful quote because it provides part of the reason we have the pandemic. A lot of us have lost “everything” in the past few months- our normal, jobs, schooling, Sundays at church, seeing family and friends anytime and vacations (maybe sanity as well, lol).
But I believe we’ve gained so much more by God’s grace. We definitely appreciate each other more, gained new skills, had more time with the loved ones near us and probably understood for the first time that we are the church and not the building. And so.much.more.
This is all God’s will for us and His grace will carry us through this pandemic. In order for us to experience God’s purpose we had to lose everything. It was not easy but God continues to be faithful.
2. “God is able to take the mess of our past and turn it into a message. He takes the trials and tests and turns them into a testimony.”Christine Caine
What a comforting and encouraging quote. Knowing that God will makes it all okay in the end sure does help with perspective. The mess will become a message, the tests will become a testimony.
The arrival is eternity, perfection and a forever with the King of kings. This life and journey is all temporary. While it’s not an easy journey, God promises to always be there for us.
3. “Always, everywhere God is present, and always He seeks to discover Himself to each one”A.W Tozer
I love this powerful and encouraging quote because experiencing God’s presence is my life changing truth. No matter what we go through, no matter the season- God is always with us.
God is the only one to make that promise and actually keep it. All we need to do is call upon Him in prayer, worship and His word and He will be there for us.
4.“What gives me the most hope every day is God’s grace; knowing that his grace is going to give me the strength for whatever I face, knowing that nothing is a surprise to God.”Rick Warren
I agree with this 100%. It’s truly comforting to know that nothing is a surprise to God. He knows our silent and public pain, challenges and heartbreaks. But through it all His grace gives us strength to go and face each day.
5. “We can see hope in the midst of hopelessness. We can see peace in the midst of chaos. We have a hope that the world does not have. We can see clearly that all things work together for the good of them that love Him and are called according to His purpose.”Priscilla Shirer
This is what sets us apart as Christians. In God we have hope, peace and purpose. Even in tough times we know that. All we need to do is believe God’s word through it all.
6. “Our vision is so limited we can hardly imagine a love that does not show itself in protection from suffering…. The love of God did not protect His own Son…. He will not necessarily protect us – not from anything it takes to make us like His Son. A lot of hammering and chiseling and purifying by fire will have to go into the process.”Elisabeth Elliot
Knowing that Jesus also went through pain and suffering encourages me so much. I love this quote! It shows that God reigns and does what’s best for His children.
Sometimes that means He allows suffering. And while that might not always be easy for us to understand or accept, we must remember that it’s all because He loves us and He knows best. We are all being moulded to become like Jesus after all.
7. “The greater your knowledge of the goodness and grace of God on your life, the more likely you are to praise Him in the storm.”Matt Chandler
Ever heard the song Praise you in the Storm by Casting Crowns? If you haven’t please listen to it here. It’s absolutely one of my favorites. The truth is the storms and pain are necessary and while we may not like them-they will grow our faith in God. When we can do nothing else but look up to God, we know and love Him better.
My Encouragement to You
It’s when life is especially hard that we all need some encouragement to strengthen and comfort us. Words are powerful and encouragement uses words in a positive and uplifting way. And since the Bible tells us to keep encouraging each other daily, this is something we need to keep doing. I pray these encouraging quotes will help in those tough times.
Heavenly Father, I’ve been going through some challenging times especially when it comes to ___, ______,______ and ______. I thank you so much for the words of encouragement today. May I continue to put my trust only in You.